There will come a time when you have to replace your faucets and bathroom fixtures in your Kamloops home. It may be because you want to update the parts. You may also want to do this because the parts are damaged and is beyond replaceable.
When this happens, you have two choices. You can either call a handyman to do the replacement for you. Or you can do it yourself. Many people would rather call the Kamloops plumbing professional to do it for them. However, what if plumbing problems happened in the middle of the night? What could you do? At some point, you may have to learn to do the replacing yourself.
The first thing you can learn is how to replace the faucet. Faucets are easy to replace. Just in case something happens in the middle of the night, you do not have to call professionals to fix a simply loose-thread faucet. In fact, what you need is the right equipment. You also need to have the right faucet size. There are various types of faucets. Others have mixers. Some have pop-up drains. But a typical faucet replacement would go like this:
1. Turn off the water source.
2. With the right tool, loosen the nuts and bolts which hold the faucet in place.
3. After when the faucet is loose, you can remove the old faucet and clean the area. This is your opportunity to remove molds and slimes that could build up and contaminate the faucet.
4. Then attach the replacement faucet. Check the parts of the new faucet for completeness and for compatibility. If it has a hose, attach the hose first. Analyze how to install it. Attaching faucet is just like a puzzle and their pieces go one-way. So it is impossible to get them mixed up. Just be careful not to lose the small parts.
8. Align the faucet and make sure it is properly placed. If you have hot and cold water feature, make sure they are properly attached to faucet assembly and they should be held properly.
9. Secure the faucet with nuts and bolts. The materials used for attachment may depend on the faucet technology you have used.
10. Once you have put it in place, it is important that you check its functionality. Run both hot and cold water to make sure everything is functioning as expected.
Bathroom fixtures may be more difficult to install. Sometimes, you may need professional assistance to do proper attachment. If you have doubts, it is best to call the handyman. Never take the risk if you have no idea what you are doing because you can end up destroying the whole thing or you can also end up hurting yourself.
Replacing a faucet is something that you can learn overnight. However, installing a bathroom fixture like sinks, bathtubs, showers and others may need some special skills for proper installation. You can learn it but if it is your first time, you will need to seek some assistance. Not unless of course if you do plumbing for a living.