The most common cause of drain blockagein the Kamloops home is from large objects being flushed. Drains are not designed to cope with large object including:
- Sanitary Products
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Deodorant block holders
This results in your drain becoming blocked causing overflows & water damage to your Kamloops home.
Other common causes of Drain Blockages can be the result of the drain having too many bends & certain types of junctions causing openings for tree roots to find their way into.
Pipes may completely collapse or possibly misaligned due to the incorrect installation or from external sources like pressure from ground movement as a result of drought, heavy rain & tree roots.
Finally Regular blockages may also be due to insufficient gradient in the pipe work. This causes water to run slowly down the pipe leading to debris building up & bringing about blockages.
How to minimize the risk of blocked drains?
There are several ways to ensure that you are not going to be the cause of a Blocked Drain.
To ensure that you are not contributing to the cause of Blocked Drains DO NOT:
- Flush Plastic, Petrol, Paints, Fabrics, Solvents, Non-biodegradable products & anything that you know that should be flushed into the sewer
- Put cooking fat down the sink
- Put food waste & coffee grindings down the sink
- Cover, Block & restrict access to overflows & external grates
You can also avoid planting large trees on the top of underground sewer lines. If you need assistance with locating sewer lines contact a Kamloops professional plumbing expert to assist you.